Many of us are seeking natural ways to deal with our skin problems nowadays. Moreover, using a DIY natural face-mask is one of them.
Do you want better skin within minutes? Are you trying to get rid of your acne? Do you wish to get more hydrated and moisturized skin?
Use a natural face-mask. An ultimate solution.
Why to use a face-mask?
Because, this is an easy and quick way of getting better skin in no time.
It does not only rejuvenates the skin, but also uplifts your mood and helps to get rid of all the stress.
Therefore, good skin with good mood!
A DIY face-mask may be the solution to all your skin problems.
How to make a DIY natural face mask at home:
You just need to put in the correct ingredients that are suitable to solve your skin issue, into your face-mask.
Besides, this is the best part of making a DIY face-mask, that you know what all ingredients are going into it.
So, you can accordingly control it’s nutritional content as well.
For instance, use citric food-items such as lemon, orange and strawberry for vitamin C benefits.
Coffee, rice flour, gram flour, and oats to bring texture to the mask and get smoother skin.
Spices such as turmeric and cinnamon powder are used to treat acne and marks. Furthermore, the list goes on.
Basically, you can treat your skin the way you want by just adding the right items into your face-mask.
5 best DIY natural face-masks to get better skin:
Following are some of the best natural face-masks, you can try to get better skin.
1. fruit face-mask
Fruits are considered as the little packets of nourishment. Because they contain so many nutrients even in small quantity.
Therefore, applying fresh fruits provides ultimate nourishment to the skin.
Using this mask on a regular basis will give you soft, supple and glowing skin. It also reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
Furthermore, powdered sugar used in this face-mask also helps to cleanse the skin from within and protects it against toxins.
- Banana: contains vitamin A and C
- Strawberry: has anti-inflammatory properties
- Honey: various vitamins and minerals are found in honey
- Powdered sugar: contains glycolic and alpha-hydroxyl acid
- Take 1 tablespoon each of smashed banana and strawberry. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and powdered sugar into it. Mix well.
- Apply this paste on clean face. wait for 20 minutes.
- Wash properly with lukewarm water.
Tip: You can use fresh fruits in smashed form as well as in grated form.
2. turmeric face-mask
Turmeric is one of the most important and widely used member of the family of Indian spices. If used in proper amounts it does wonders to the skin by both consuming and applying.
Fresh turmeric as well as turmeric powder, both have their own benefits. But not to worry, whether it be in any form, turmeric only benefits the skin.
This face-mask treats acne and pigmentation. Thus, it brings out the natural glow of your skin.
- Turmeric: has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Gram-flour: controls sebum production
- Raw milk: deep cleans the pores
- Take 1 tablespoon of gram flour. Add a pinch of turmeric powder into it. Or add a teaspoon of fresh turmeric juice. Any one of the above.
- Mix it properly by adding raw milk.
- Apply this face-mask on a clean face.
- Rinse properly after 20 minutes.
3. Vitamin C face-mask
Vitamin C is considered as a boon to solve all the skin problems. Nowadays, it is extensively used in all sorts of skin products.
Similarly, using it in face-masks also provides a number of benefits to the skin.
Using this face-mask helps in brightening the skin and gives an even skin tone. It also helps in treating acne-spots and tanning.
- Orange peel powder: contains citric acid
- Lemon peel powder: has high content of vitamin C
- Rosewater: provides hydration to the skin
- Honey: moisturizes the skin
- Mix equal amounts of orange peel and lemon peel powder with rosewater.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey into this paste. Mix well.
- Apply on the face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse properly with lukewarm water.
4. rice-flour face-mask
Rice is used as an important ingredient in many traditional skin-care practices.
It contains many important nutrients like amino acids, vitamins and minerals in larger quantities. These nutrients are known to protect and repair the skin cells.
Additionally, using rice in your face-mask helps in repairing skin damage and also improves the skin complexion. Thus, it does wonders to the skin.
Regular use of this face-mask improves skin elasticity and also treats hyperpigmentation in an effective way.
Gentle cleansing and skin toning are also other remarkable benefits of using this mask.
- Rice flour: contains antioxidants and other important nutrients
- Gram flour: rich in vitamins and minerals
- Turmeric: has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties
- Yogurt: soothes and moisturizes the skin
- Mix a tablespoon of rice flour with half a tablespoon of gram flour. Add a pinch of turmeric into it.
- Combine this mixture into a paste by using one tablespoon of yogurt.
- Apply this mask evenly on your face and neck.
- Rinse thoroughly after 20 minutes.
Tip: You can use this face-mask as a replacement of your face-wash also.
5. coffee face-mask
Coffee is a great natural exfoliant, which helps in removing the dead skin cells. Also, it rejuvenates the skin by clearing up acne and acne-scars.
It is a powerful anti-oxidant and also reduces skin-inflammation. As a result, preventing break-outs and acne issues.
Using this mask even once a week is helpful to get soft and supple skin.
Coffee exfoliation will make your skin look fresh and young. Thus, this face-mask also helps in slowing down the process of skin-ageing.
- Coffee powder: has anti-oxidant properties
- Coconut oil: deeply nourishes the skin-cells
- Powdered sugar: fights bacterial infection on the skin
- Mix one tablespoon of coffee powder and half a tablespoon of powdered sugar with coconut oil.
- Apply a thin layer of this mixture on your face.
- Keep it on for around 15 minutes.
- Remove it by gently scrubbing in circular motions.
- Wash your face with any cleanser that suits you.
Tip: You can also use almond oil, olive oil or any other oil of your choice.
At the end of the day, your skin rewards to the efforts and care you put into it.
Therefore, take proper care of it by using any of these natural face-mask.